Finding the right dental practice for you and your family may be one of the most important long-term health choices you make. Whether you’re new to the area or you’re in transition to another community, here are some tips for choosing a dentist:
1. Ask people you know.
Recommendations from friends, family and co-workers provide a great starting point. Be sure to dig a little bit, asking them why they may or may not recommend certain dental practices.
2. Ask people you don’t know.
Online reviews provide consumers real-life insider information without significant spin. Although a portion of reviewers will always find something to complain about, a quick perusal of multiple reviews will give you a genuine sense of the overall experience of patients.
3. Peruse dental practice websites.
When a dental practice makes it a priority to create a compelling and informative website, it’s often a clue that they pay attention to the details of caring for their patients. Here are some things to look for on a dental website:
- Advanced Technology. Modern dentistry offers incredible technological advancements that directly enhance patient care and the patient experience. Look for a dental practice taking advantage of the latest techniques and technology.
- Comfort as a Priority. Gone are the days of pain-filled dentistry. With modern sedation solutions and other comfort-driven approaches, today’s dental experience should be much more relaxing and enjoyable. Look for a dental practice that makes comfort a priority.
- Professionalism and Expertise. As dentistry continues to make significant advancements, look for a dentist that pursues ongoing professional education and training to stay on the leading edge.
If you’re still torn between a few dental practice options, give them a quick call. Ask about new patient specials and how soon they can fit you in their schedule. Exceptional dental practices tend to prioritize new patients.
Follow these simple tips and you’ll be well on your way to finding an excellent dental home.